Redtech is helping our client with a FTE search for a Senior IT Systems/Business Analyst. Excellent company culture and benefits and a strong community mission!Estimated Start Date ASAP
Duration - Direct Hire
Full time hours – 40/week
Location – Tacoma, WA
Schedule - Flexible/Hybrid - 1 day per week onsite (currently Wednesdays). May require additional time onsite initially for training.
COVID mandates may be in place in the future
The successful candidate must possess (or obtain within 30 days of employment) a valid driver's license.
Candidate must be able to successfully complete a post-offer substance abuse test (includes both drug and alcohol) and background investigation.
Candidate must also be able to obtain/maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), which is a program managed by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Local candidates only, no 3rd parties
Compensation - Salary range is $95,652 - $153,024. Anticipated salary range $100,000 - $124,000/year DOE (some flex above $124K for right candidate)
Benefits - As an employer of choice, the Port is proud to offer an excellent benefits package. This includes medical, prescription, vision and dental with no out-of-pocket premiums and full coverage for employee, spouse, and all eligible dependents. In addition, the Port also offers vacation, twelve paid holidays, sick leave, bereavement leave, paid parental leave, participation in the Washington State Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) and a Port-funded Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (VEBA) account for out-of-pocket health related expenses for employees and their eligible dependents. The Port’s benefits package is valued between 45%-55% of base salary.
The Sr. IT Systems Analyst is responsible and accountable for both the stewardship and technical management of assigned enterprise class business software applications and platforms. The position works collaboratively with business stakeholders, IT leadership, and technical peers to continuously increase the value of supported IT Services through identifying and implementing innovative solutions, reducing technical complexity, and fostering a data driven culture.
Personally, and utilizing vendor partners, the position leads solution design, development, and configuration efforts; undertakes complex data management, transformation, and integration activities; and leads system support, operations, and maintenance tasks following ITIL practices and meeting defined SLA’s.
All responsibilities are performed following CLIENT cybersecurity practices.
Specifically, this position will work with vendors and stakeholders to lead the stewardship, expansion and support of the CLIENT Community System, a suite of applications providing visibility to stakeholders throughout the supply chain, and the public website.
The ideal candidate will have experience in business analysis and support of supply chain systems, web content management and SaaS software platforms, IoT devices, and data management, transformation, and visualization.
· Proactive and constructive partnership, engagement and collaboration with business sponsors and stewards to address application issues, and identify, prioritize, and plan enhancement opportunities.
· Stewardship and technical management of assigned Enterprise Class IT Services/Applications through development and maintenance of multi-year IT Service Roadmaps and Warranty/Utility Metrics, following IT Operational Excellence practices.
· Lead's complex design and configuration efforts relating to assigned IT Service/Applications. Increase their value as business solutions by enhancing system functionality and resolving technical or functional problems.
· Proactively engages in, enables, and supports Business Intelligence and Analytics initiatives. Undertakes complex data management, data transformation, and integration activities. Defines and leads database and data maintenance for assigned IT Services/Applications, including developing and validating data sets.
· Supports application users following ITIL Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request practices. Works within established Service Level Agreements with all business partners.
· Defines and performs system maintenance tasks to ensure application availability.
Ensures cybersecurity requirements are maintained. Performs system updates and upgrades as required.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field is required. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience supporting enterprise applications, users, and data required.
Successful candidates must possess a combination of strong interpersonal, functional and technical skills. This includes knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Platforms (including Azure and Microsoft 365), IT best practices and methodologies (ITIL, SDLC, DevOps, and Agile), and supporting complex Enterprise Class Applications and Platforms, both on-premises and SaaS.
Experience required includes Microsoft Power BI, database and data management and maintenance via Microsoft SQL server. Must have strong technical writing and communication skills, as well as the ability to work constructively and collaboratively with business stakeholders, think critically, maintain personal accountability and drive change, and work in a demanding environment while managing priorities based on defined strategies and goals.
This individual must demonstrate a caring customer service attitude, a strong commitment to operational excellence, and dedication to the organization’s core values. We seek candidates who will embrace and model these values both internally and externally, and who understand what it means to carry out these values in their everyday work. We value individuals who also bring an impeccable work ethic, honesty, and integrity, and who consistently exhibit enthusiasm, energy, and a drive to succeed.