Location/schedule: Tacoma, WA – We are remote (from home) until mid-July. Starting July 12, we will be in the office (on-site) Tuesday & Wednesday and working from home Monday, Thursday, Friday.
Duration: 11 months
SENIOR IT PROJECT MANAGER
Senior IT Project Manager to manage multiple IT system upgrade, IT infrastructure, and cybersecurity projects. The projects require a pragmatic and flexible style of project management, coupled with the ability to effectively develop and manage from a project plan. Excellent communication, coordination, facilitation and organization skills will be essential for success. Strong technical writing skills are required to develop project documentation including requirements, training materials, policy and procedure documents, RFP’s, test scripts, communication plans, etc.
Below are examples of projects that this person could be asked to manage:
- Project to migrate our IBM Maximo Asset Management system from on-premises to an Azure cloud environment
- Project to implement a Data center DR Warm Site
- Project to perform testing/validation of Azure Site Recovery / Disaster Recovery procedures for critical systems
- Project to address findings from a recent cybersecurity audit
- Project to upgrade our GIS (Geographic Information System) software
- Project to replace our Container Crane Video Management System (VMS) hardware
- Projects related to RFID truck tracking system
- Project to pilot an IBM Maximo mobile solution
- Assessment projects related to our GIS system and Rail Operating System
Below are some expected deliverables that this role will be responsible for:
- Projects successfully delivered to agreed scope, schedule and budget
- Plan and implement communication, change management, roll-out, and training activities
- Effectively communicate and manage project risks and issues
- Produce project management documentation, including charters, WBS, status reports, budgets, project logs, etc.
- Other technical artifacts, including procedure documents, requirements documents, training materials, etc.
- Other items identified as part of implementing the projects
- A minimum of five years of experience with IT project management, primarily managing COTS and SaaS system, implementation, upgrade, and enhancements projects utilizing vendor and in-house project resources
- Experience and skilled at writing technical documentation. Documentation will include project management deliverables and artifacts including project charters, test plans, test cases, project requirement documentation, training documentation, and status reports
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills will be essential for success, including the ability to work effectively with technical and management resources at both the Port and vendors. Must possess the ability to translate complex requirements and technical language between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in planning and managing projects in a hybrid predictive/agile environment
- Vendor management, including managing vendor relationships, accountability and deliverables working closely with vendor Project Managers to coordinate project tasks, dependencies and deliverables.
- Must possess a flexible, patient, collaborative and creative approach, and be able and willing to assist outside of their core role to help the team deliver results and overcome ambiguous circumstances and roadblocks
- Be focused on end-users needs and be energetic and passionate in helping them adopt new ways of working and new tools
- Be a “doer” with a bias toward action
- Experience and skilled at writing documentation using MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experienced and proficient at working with MS SharePoint Online and MS Teams
- PMI PMP and/or ACP Certification highly desired
- 4-year college degree is desired
- Prior experience in a business analysis role for projects is desired