Senior Data Engineer (Direct hire/FTE)
Location: 100% Remote (Quarterly travel to meet with Engineer Team, typically on the West Coast)Our CLIENT is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to add to thier roster of industry thought leaders while providing our partner teams and content rightsholders with best-in-class service and results.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Senior Data Engineer will work closely with our team of business development leads, inventory managers, engineers, analysts, product, and finance team on all data-related items. Working with various departments, this role will be integral in developing, managing, and disseminating data-driven efforts.
What You’ll Be Doing
- This role will champion and manage our corporate data warehouse, including information from multiple data sources and aggregated into one standardized and scalable data lake solution
- Ensuring data management best practices are maintained and evolving beyond standard best practices
- You will own numerous key processes throughout the business, including but not limited to driving the overarching vision behind data aggregation, transformation, and disbursement for both internal and external stakeholders
- Working within the engineering team to define and refine data management best practices
Who are you?You know how important data is to the business, and with the right tools, services, and workflows, you can help design and build solutions that can change businesses.
Are you looking for an opportunity to build something new?
Are you passionate about finding meaningful value from large amounts of data?
Does the idea of building pipelines that take unstructured data and make it to the business sound like a fun challenge? If so, then we want you on our team.
Additionally, you will hold the following technical expertise:
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering within an agile environment
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Ability to design, develop, and produce data models leveraging sound modeling principles
- Experience working with data migration, data cleaning/curation, or ETL (extraction, transformation, and loading) using SSIS or similar software
- Can create and manage data flow diagrams communicating data management timelines and processes
- Implement standardized data warehouse architecture: 3NF, star schema, Data Vault, etc.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, architectural design patterns, and best practices
- 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following: Python, Scala, and/or R
- Aptitude in preparing data for and building pipelines and architecture
- Experience working with .Net and/ or C# software development
Preferably, you will hold the following expertise:
- Well versed with Snowflake Data Cloud
- 2+ years’ experience with Elasticsearch and PowerBI
- Experienced in writing and maintaining Python scripts
- Strong skills in debugging and tuning Microsoft SQL Server
- Have certification in secure software programming
- You know that Excel is not a data warehouse